Monday 7 June 2010

Releasing the Ego?

These drawings were done blindfolded by myself in an attempt to release the ego from the work. The idea came from Morris' work. I am only truly happy with the final result from one of them, the one third down. I set myself targets on two of them. In a way this contradicts my plan to release the ego as my mind will consciously be thinking of the targets employed. But as my eyes are covered this helps my unconscious come into play.



The one below is the previous one turned over. I liked the look of it as the moisture soaked through.



I set myself a target on the one below. I decided to start at the top right of the sheet and work my way down to the bottom left (blindfolded while doing so). I attempted to gradually push harder on the charcoal as I worked my way down to get a darker effect. It didn't work as well as anticipated.



The target set on the last one was to start at the centre of the page and work my way to each corner in a sweeping motion using my hands directly onto the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment