Thursday 5 August 2010

Martin Creed

I can completely and 100 percent relate to these quotes from the Glaswegian conceptual artist Martin Creed. I have the same feelings and reasoning behind my work and I don't know why. He pretty much sums up why I am doing this... Why I am studying Art.

“ The only thing I feel like I know is that I want to make things. Other than that, I feel like I don’t know. So the problem is in trying to make something without knowing what I want. [...] I think it’s all to do with wanting to communicate. I mean, I think I want to make things because I want to communicate with people, because I want to be loved, because I want to express myself. ”


“ To me it’s emotional. Aye. To me that’s the starting point. I mean, I do it because I want to make something. I think that’s a desire, you know, or a need. I think that I recognise that I want to make something, and so I try to make something. But then you get to thinking about it and that’s where the problems start because you can’t help thinking about it, wondering whether it’s good or bad. But to me it’s emotional more than anything else. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment